A Point of Distribution, or "POD,"
is where the public can go to pick up food and water following a disaster. The need for a POD is based on lack of infrastructure to support normal distribution of food, water, or other supplies.Denham Springs
- Healing Place Church: 569 Florida Ave. SW / 10:00am-3:00pm / Days: Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays / Food: Hot Lunch served daily from 11:30am-1:30pm / Saturday, September 10 will be our last day as a distribution site.
- Hebron Baptist Church: 24063 LA Hwy 16 (225) 665-6278 / Starting Monday, August 29, hours of operation will be 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Live Oak United Methodist Church: 34890 LA Hwy 16 / (225) 664-4801 / Distribution Center (non-perishable food and supplies) will be open Monday - Friday 12pm-7pm.
- First United Methodist Church of Denham Springs: Access Front of Church at 319 Mattie St., Denham Springs / Open 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Saturday, 12 Noon - 4 Sunday. ID Required! Available to families living in the affected areas of Livingston, Ascension, East Baton Rouge, and Tangipahoa Parishes / (225) 665- 8155
- Sidney Hutchinson Park: Ball Park Rd., Walker LA
- South Walker Baptist Church: 13719 Hammack Rd., Denham Springs / Open 3-6pm each day, closed on Sunday / (225) 665-0463
- Life Church in Walker can distribute supplies / Please call for more information at (225) 665-7209
- First Baptist Church of French Settlement - 16735 Hwy 16, French Settlement, 70733